PARK-MUSEUM OF MILITARY FRIENDSHIP 1444 „WLADISLAW WARNENCHIK”

Bulgarian

Our hosting company:

History

The museum of combat Friendship 1444 "Vladislav Varnenchik” was opened in 1964 in honor of the 520th anniversary of the Battle of Varna.


On its territory there are two Thracian mounds

In one of them there is a tomb of the IV century BC.

In 1935 it was built over a symbolic mausoleum of the dead here 20 -year-old King Vladislav Varnenchik.


In 1964 was built a monument of Yanosh Hunyadi - commander-in chief of the army of King Wladislaw, a Transylvanian leader, regent of Hungary from 1446.


In memory of the fallen fighters of 10.11.1444, in the center of the battlefield, the place where died the Polish-Hungarian king Wladislaw III Yagelo named posthumously Varnenchik, even during the slavery the Bulgarians placed wooden crosses.


In 1924, a modest monument was placed with the inscription: "VLADISLAUS VARNENSIS. VLADISLAVA JAGELLONIAN POLISH AND HUNGARIAN KING KILLED HERE ON 10.Ő˛.1444ă .TOGETHER WITH THE CHRISTIAN CHIVALRY FOR FAITH AND FREEDOM OF BULGARIA.


In 1935 on an area of 30 acres of lands was caped a park , and in one of the Thracian mounds in the park's territory was built a symbolic mausoleum for the King. Inside was put a stone spear of the sarcophagus of Wladislaw, located in the Wawel Castle in Krakow (Poland) and built by the sculptor Antony Madeyski in Rome in 1904

In the royal mausoleum a burial was not made, because after the battlethe royal head was placed in a leather bag with honey allocated for conservation and taken away in Asia Minor,in the Muslim Center Bursa, where it was impaled again and was organized a festive procession to celebrate the victory at Varna.

For the royal body is presumed that along with the other killed, was thrown into the lakes of Varna.

In 1964 with the construction of the museum edifice was built the memorial complex "Park-museum Vladislav Varnenchik”

Park-museum of military friendship 1444 Vladislav Varnwnchik © 2010. All rights reserved.